Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: FINANCIAL STATEMENT H.I.

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    For those interrested Harman International sales figures for June ending the 30th is as follows:

    Automotive: 2,236,379
    Consumer : 494,230
    Professional: 517,288

    3,247,897

    The company is doing well in the automotive business. With prestigious clients and an effort to make all these systems , microsoft I pod MP3 versatile and compatible to the b chain .They have control over the tec appliances.

    With the Chinese future car ownners ever increasing . They are surfing the wave with
    intuition and expertise.

    .......................

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    FINANCIAL STATEMENT H.I.


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah Harmon will be able to sell the stuff they make in China without paying freight. Probably will save them a lot of money. forums

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Harmon owns Crown and Mark Levinson...Both of those companies design and manufacturer their stuff exclusively here in the US.

    I don't know about JBL or the other companies owned by Harmon.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    FINANCIAL STATEMENT H.I.


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I assumed since we were talking about cars we were referring to the car stereo stuff- I don't think I've seen a single piece made in the US.

    Harmon isn't as bad as many companies. Telex comes to mind.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    You can't really compare the two companies.
    Harman International revenuees are 3 billion $ and Telex
    Revenues are 300 Million $ ( yearly )

    .............................................

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    FINANCIAL STATEMENT H.I.


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Telex is now part of Bosch. Add in those revenues and the picture looks substantially different.

    No big deal. The only dealings I will have are with Harmon. I don't use any EV stuff. I do use quite a bit of Soundcraft.

    I was just commenting that most of the expansion that press release mentions isn't going to do Pro Audio or North America any good.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,
    That is correct . Bosch communication brings total revenues at 1.3 billion $ with the purchase of Telex. This gives them access to speakers, amps
    etc.

    .......................................

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    I did some searching and BOSCH is more than a communication co. There into Automotive parts,amd many other sectors.
    Total revenue of 40 billion $.

    What captured my attention : they own Blaupunk radios.

    ........................................

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member
    FINANCIAL STATEMENT H.I.


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Bosch is indeed a giant.

    Hopefully they will improve the Telex group. We'll just have to see.

    I've used Bosch Automotive and Power tools with satisfactory results.

    I just don't buy much Harmon. Since I've switched to BMS and Beyma, mostly, I like their products better than JBL. I'm still not convinced Titanium is the ultimate diaphragm material. Try a set of Radian diaphragms in JBL drivers. They won't sound like JBL, more like Altec. They are Aluminum /Mylar. Renkus spent time at Altec and of course was influenced by the Symbiotiks. He did significantly improve them.

    I don't use much DBX. The occasional Klark piece, when the customer is willing to pay for it, which isn't often.

    We had one Midas a couple years back but it broke too much, we sold it at a loss.

    Soundcraft is pretty good in the "for the price" market. Haven't used a lot of their expensive stuff.

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Well that's ok ;Altec stuff is getting rare.
    There's one thing about ALTEC that you don't hear
    in any other speakers . Their upper mid bass
    is different more articulate richer more bold
    more detail.

    I've heard a lot of high end speakers but nothing compares to that ALTEC sound.

    If these products were to disappear it would be a great loss to the music industry.


    .........................................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.